Friday, May 5, 2017

From Venezuela to Israel: “It Was the Best Decision I Ever Made”

Avraham Ben Gigi, a young 23-year old from Venezuela, never thought much about immigrating to Israel. Born to an Israeli father, Ben Gigi grew up in San Antonio de Los Altos, a suburb of Caracas, as part of the only Jewish family in town with no real way to keep Jewish traditions. He moved to Israel a few months ago and is celebrating his first Independence Day as an Israeli citizen. “I had originally not thought about coming to Israel,” Ben Gigi told Tazpit Press Service (TPS). “I wanted to go to America, and I did, first to Philadelphia, then to Miami. But life is extremely difficult for an immigrant in America,” “I didn’t really feel I could stay in America, and I certainly did not want to go back to Venezuela. A friend suggested that I consider coming to Israel and when I heard about the absorption package, I decided to give it a try,” Ben Gigi explained. More…



No comments:

Post a Comment